This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on an affiliate link and choose to make a purchase I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
This 4th of July pillow cover is a great holiday craft that you can easily change out with the seasons. It is easy to make and a great addition to your holiday decorations.
- 4th of July seasonal Fabric for the front
- complementary color of fabric for the back
- Sewing Machine
- Pillow form
- Scissors/Fabric cutter
How to create a pillow cover:
- Before cutting your fabric make sure you iron out all of the kinks. How much fabric you need depends on the size of your pillow form. For me I used a 20 inch x 20 inch pillow. I wanted the pillow cover to fit snuggly on my pillow. I cut my 4th of July fabric 20.5 in. x 20.5 in. For the solid red fabric for the back I cut two pieces of 20.5 in x 14 in.
- Lay the 4th of July fabric with print side up. Line up one of the solid pieces to the edge. If this fabric has a good side then place it good side facing down. Place the 2nd piece of fabric aligning it to the opposite edge. There will be some overlap of fabric. Use pins to adhere the fabric in place.
- Using your sewing machine sew along the edge of the pillow. I started my stitch a 1/2 inch from the edge. Once you have finished sewing cut the excess off on the corners.
- Fold it right side out and put your pillow inside! Easy Peasy!
Looking for more 4th of July craft ideas: