This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases. See our disclaimer for more information.
Are you looking for a Brush Pen and trying to decide which is the right one for you?
There are so many different options out there. How do you decide which is the best brush pen to choose? Honestly, once you get started with Brush lettering it gets addicting and you have this urge to try them all.
Today we are going to look at the Zebra Mildliner double ended brush pen and help you decide whether this is the right pen for you.
Zebra Mildliner Brush Pen
Double Ended: The Mildliner is a two sided marker. One side is a brush tip and the other side is a fine bullet tip.
Acid Free and Archival Quality: This brush pen uses permanent pigment ink and is water resistant.
Won’t Bleed: This pen has been designed so it doesn’t bleed through most surfaces
Watch the video below to see a hands-on review of the Zebra Mildliner brush pen.
The Zebra Mildliner Brush pen comes in 15 colors.
Available Colors: blue, dark blue, gold, green, orange, pink, purple/violet, red, yellow, blue green brown, gray, magenta, smoke blue, vermillion
You can purchase the whole set all at once or purchase it in smaller packs.
Mild, Translucent color: When writing with the brush pen you get a translucent effect where the color mildly varies in intensity which offers a nice varied effect.
Size: Medium Brush Pen
The Zebra Mildliner brush pen is medium in size. The brush tip is comparable to the Tombow Dual Brush Pen. However, the overall body of the pen is much shorter than the Tombow Dual Brush Pen.
The tip of the Mildliner brush pen is a little harder and doesn’t deform as easily as the Tombow Dual Brush Pen.
You can easily use the Tombow Dual Brush pens and the Zebra Mildliner brush pen together. They won’t blend together, but you can easily create a watercolor effect for the background using the Tombow Dual Brush pens and then write words over it with the Zebra Mildliner brush pen because since it is water resistant they will not blend together.
Good for Beginners
The Zebra Mildliner Brush pen would be a good medium brush pen for beginners. The nib of this brush is not too soft therefore it is not too hard to control when learning to do brush lettering as a beginner. Every beginner should try brush lettering with a small brush and a medium size brush. My top recommendation for a small brush pen would be the Tombow Fudenosuke brush pen.
Other Zebra Brush Pen Alternatives:
Zebra also offers a number of brush pen alternatives.
Zebra Zensations Brush Pen
- 3 sizes: ultra fine, fine, medium
- Double-ended option: fine/medium
- Pigment ink, archival quality, water resistant
- 1 Color: Black
Zebra Funwari Brush Pen
- One size: ultra fine tip
- One sided pen
- Water based dye ink that can be used for watercolor technique
- 6 Colors: green, light blue, light pink, purple/violet, red, golden yellow
Zebra Metallic Brush Pen
- One size: Medium tip
- One sided pen
- Shimmering Pigment Ink
- 7 Metallic Colors: bronze, deep blue, gold, green, pink, purple, silver
Other Zebra Products for hand lettering
Zebra offers a wide array of products that you can use for hand lettering, bullet journaling, and drawing.
Zebra Mildliner Double Ended Highlighter:
- Dual sided: medium chisel and fine bullet tip
- Mild water resistant
- 25 Colors: red, vermilion, marigold, coral pink, fuchsia, pink, apricot, orange, gold, lemon yellow, yellow, citrus gree, green, blue green, summer green, cyan, lavender, smoke blue, dark blue, light blue, violet, magenta, gray, dark gray, brown
Zebra Sarasa Fineliner:
- 1 size: Fine
- Archival, water resistant
- 24 Colors: black, blue, dark blue, gold, green, light blue, light green, light pink, orange, purple/violet, red, silver, yellow, brown, dark brown, fluorescent green, fluorescent pink, fluorescent purple, fluorescent yellow, golden yellow, grey, light magenta, ruby, sky blue
When it comes to picking a brush pen there are a lot of great options out there. I definitely recommend the Mildliner Brush pen for beginners.